Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard

This book seriously left me wanting more. I wanted to know more about the four girls, I wanted to know more about their families and I definitely wanted to know more about “The Jenna Thing” So I guess you could say that I enjoyed this book.
Sara Shepard packs in so many controversial topics, you might think that it would leave your head swimming, but it doesn’t. And there are a lot of things in this book. Abduction, cheating, affairs, eating disorders, homosexuality, teenage drinking, sex and, most importantly secrets and lies.
The four main characters, who were all best friends three years ago, each have their own problems. But all of them are getting text messages and emails about secrets that they have. The only problem is the only other person to know their secrets was their friend Alison, who went missing three years ago. So who’s sending the messages?
I would definitely recommend this book to, well, teens and young adults. It was fast paced and I, like the girls, am left wondering who sent them the messages. Guess I’ll have to read the rest of the series to find out.

No comments: