Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Myers

Okay people, hate me if you want to, but I really don't see all the hype surrounding this book. Maybe it's because I'm not a big romance fan and it basically oozes from this book, but I wasn't really all that impressed with Twilight.

I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong. But as far as the genre goes, I've read books that I have enjoyed better. I honestly think it's because I'm not a big epic, chest heaving, I have to have you kinda gal. I would much rather cozy up with Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series or Kelley Armstrong's amazing Darkest Powers trilogy.

The characters in Twilight were okay, well developed as was the plot. There really isn't anything I can rip into about the book. I just have no idea why it hit big the way it did.

I have New Moon, I just haven't read it yet. I will one day I'm sure.

Will I watch the movie based on Twilight? Probably. Although I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be all bedroom eyes and kissing too. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

2 comments:

jodie said...

this is not a bad book....but at the same time where do you get all this inside that thought of yours....people(women) are losing thier relationships because of that....thier expectations hit the ground harder then ever....but dont blame the book blame thierselfs for being soo weak.

tgr \m/ said...

Passages Malibu Programcharm bracelets

Some of the articles were a comparison between Degrassi Classic (Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High) and Degrassi the Next Generation., while others were a comparison of Degrassi Classic and other teen shows of the era, such as Beverly Hills 90210. The book tackles such topics as the representation of femininity, Aids, and drugs among other topics. There is also much discussion on how Degrassi: The Next Generation differs from Degrassi Classic in tone, topic and look. Almost 100% of the time, Degrassi Classic came out on top. And I don’t mind admitting I cheered a little.